Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dilemma

I really want to be as active and productive as I can this year and compete in as much BJJ tournaments as I can, if I feel I'm ready at least. I still train 3-4 days a week and feel I still have momentum from my last tournament, so that's why I haven't slowed down yet. Now, there's a couple more tournaments coming up. There's a tournament in Milwaukee, Combat Corner VII on April 16th and NAGA Chicago on April 30th. I was planning on competing and would love to do both that month, but I came to a conclusion....and it really is a bummer.


I made my final decision and will not compete in any of those BJJ tournaments. I have the Green Bay Cellcom 2011 marathon coming up and running 26.2 miles is really gonna make me take some time off of training BJJ, which will make me sad. I have to juggle work and I have to log in at least 4-5 miles a day, with more increase mileage as the weeks progress, with 1 - 2 days of rest. It's really gonna take a toll on my knees and body, which will suck! But the marathon to me, will mean more then those BJJ tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment