Friday, February 25, 2011

BJJ Training

So yesterday at BJJ class I had the opportunity to teach the Flying Armbar...haahaha. It was pretty fun! It was a wrestling/take down class and usually Andy (which is a phenomenal state wrestler and BJJ blue belt) will coach/teach the class, but he gave me the opportunity to teach this technique. They never touched on that subject or technique before, but due to my instructor and gym members pretty happy I submitted my opponent at Combat Corner VI BJJ tournament, they were interested in learning it. I honestly wasn't taught the flying armbar by anyone but myself and youtube...LOL. But I drilled it so much in my head that I understood the technique of it. I did my best to teach it, getting into details of hand placement, where to kick your legs and swing it into the armbar. It was quite funny watching the bigger guys in the gym drill it, because they would fall on there backs and groan in pain while trying to kick the leg over to secure the armbar...hahahaa. Over all, it was a good class.

No comments:

Post a Comment